With Knowledge Anywhere's LMS, you can use the e-commerce feature to sell online courses, classroom courses, and self-study courses on a course-by-course basis. If your LMS is not e-commerce-ready, please contact your Customer Success Representative.
You may want to put a limit on how long the user has access to the course after it has been purchased; e.g., $150 for 12-month access to the course. With this feature, users are leasing the course for a predetermined amount of time. At the time of the lease expiration, the user will no longer have access to the course. Administrators will still be able to pull reports on the course, though.
Setting a course's price and lease expiration
- Pre-requisite: Your LMS subscription must include e-commerce feature
- Open the Administrative Dashboard
- From the Content tab, select Courses
- Search for the name of the course and then click on the course name
- On the Course Details page that appears, click on Configuration tab
- Toggle on Payment required
- Enter a Lease Price (only US Dollars is supported)
- Enter a Lease Expiration Interval to make a course expire after a certain timeframe; e.g., 12 months. To do this, select a timeframe from the dropdown menu. Once you've selected a timeframe you select Save.
- When users purchases the course, they will now see how long the access period is so they can complete it in time; e.g., 12 months access in this example.