User Management>Registering Users
Using a registration code is the most common method of adding users to the LMS. After creating a new registration code, it is assigned to a group so that users can use the registration code to register into the LMS and access their group-specific training curriculum.
To add and assign a new registration code
- Open the Administrative Dashboard
- From the Users tab, select Registration Codes in the sidebar menu
- From the Add New page that appears, select Add New
- On the Registration Code page that appears, enter registration code information as shown in the example below:
- Registration Code: Enter a name for the new registration code. You can use both letters and numbers.
- Active: Select the Active check box to make the registration active in the LMS
- Number of Users: Select the Unlimited check box to allow an unlimited number of users to use the new registration code. To limit the number of users who can use the registration code, deselect this check box and enter a maximum number.
- Select Save
- On the Add New page that reappears, the new registration code now appears in the list
- To assign a new registration code to a group, from the Users tab, select Groups in the sidebar menu
- From the Add New page that appears, you can either select Add New to add the registration code to a new group, or you can add the new registration code to an existing group, as shown in the example below. In the Group Name box, enter a search term and then select Search
- Select Edit next to the group to which you want to add the new registration code
- On the Add/Update Group page that appears, under Attributes, select the Registration Codes option
- Select inside the Registration Codes box, scroll to the name of the new registration code, and then select it
- Select Save
- Administrators can now send email with registration instructions and the new registration code to users. Once registered, the users will be able to access their group-specific learning path and its training content.
Please sign in to leave a comment.