Organization Setup>Determining Registration Method
There are many ways to add new user accounts to Knowledge Anywhere's Learning Management System. In the guide below, we will discuss the primary registration methods of adding and updating users.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Single Sign-On is a user authentication process that leverages a central authentication service to minimize the required use of multiple login combinations. SSO allows users to enter one username and password for all independent and related software system, eliminating the need to remember separate login credentials for each program. This registration method can be enabled by an LMS admin within the LMS and works with most major Identify Service Providers.
- Data Feed: A data feed allows users to log in to the LMS using their existing email address. When the email address is validated, learners can then enter a password of their choice to log in to the LMS. The data feed operates as a liaison between your LMS and another program containing your user data. The program housing your user data pushes it to the LMS, which adds new users to the LMS. Knowledge Anywhere with assist with setting up the data feed.
- Batch Upload: Batch upload is a registration method where Knowledge Anywhere or an LMS admin uploads a collection of users to the LMS by uploading a CSV file. Users then log in to the LMS using their existing email address and create their own password using the Forgot Password link on the login page. These users will have previously been organized into groups by your organization’s administrator.
- Registration Codes: Knowledge Anywhere's LMS allows users to self-register for the LMS using a registration code. Administrators create unique registration codes and assign them to specific groups. They then send the registration code to each group member. When the registration code is validated, learners can then register to the LMS using their email address and a password of their choice to access their group-specific learning path curriculum. Administrators can create unique registration codes for a set number or unlimited number of users.
- Open Registration: Knowledge Anywhere's LMS allows users to self-register for the LMS using their email address and a a password of their choice to access their group-specific learning path curriculum. Administrators can choose to enable Open Registration on their site if they wish to allow users to create new accounts on their LMS without the need to be imported ahead of time or require the use of Registration Codes. This registration method works best when paired with the eCommerce feature to unlock the full potential of your LMS.
- Additional Notes: All of the registration methods listed above can be configured within your LMS simultaneously to truly unlock the full power of registering and updating users within your LMS.
- Please contact our Customer Support Team at email@example.com if you have any questions or need any assistance configuring your site.