Learning Path Development>Creating & Uploading Courses
An online course is a course that is published in a SCORM file format. The SCORM file is a zipped folder that contains all the files needed make an online course appear in the LMS. SCORM files are automatically generated when you upload training content such as videos, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, or Word documents to Knowledge Anywhere’s Scormify program. You then download the generated zip file to your computer and then upload it to the LMS when you create the online course.
To create a new online course
- Open the Administrative Dashboard
- From the Content tab, select Courses in the sidebar menu
- From the Courses page, select Add New
- In the upper section of the Course Details page that appears, enter course information, as shown in the example below. For more information about all the fields on the Course Details page, be sure to check out How do I enter Course Details when creating a new course?
- In the lower section of the Course Details page, enter course information, as shown in the example below:
- After entering all course details, select Save & Continue
- On the Upload SCORM Files page that appears, enter SCORM zip file information, as shown in the example below:
- File Label: Enter a name for the SCORM zip file
- Languages: Select the language of the online course that you created
- Zip File: Select Browse to browse for and then upload the SCORM zip file from your computer.
Note: If you update an existing course with a new SCORM file, users' completion information will not be changed. As part of SCORM Course Version Control, administrators can also keep track of or roll back to previous SCORM file versions.
- Select Save
- After the LMS successfully uploads the SCORM file, select Launch if you’d like to preview the new online course on the Administrative side
Note: After the system loads the SCORM file into the LMS, a confirmation message appears letting you know that the upload was successful. Large courses may take a few minutes to upload. If you receive the error message “File URL required” you may have an issue with your IMSMANIFEST.xml file.
- Preview the new online course
- On the Courses page, the new online course that you just created appears in the list
Please sign in to leave a comment.