Learning Path Development>Creating & Uploading Courses
In Knowledge Anywhere’s LMS, administrators can create three different types of training courses: online courses, classroom courses, and self-study courses. The courses are created using the Course Details page, where administrators can enter details to identify and customize a course for their organization’s needs. Data fields included on the Course Details page vary slightly, depending on the type of course being created.
To open the Course Details page
- Open the Administrative Dashboard
- From the Content tab, select Courses in the sidebar menu
- From the Courses page, select Add New
- The Course Details page appears
Course details included in the upper half of the Course Details page
- Type: Select Online Course, Classroom Course, or Self-Study Course from the dropdown menu.
- Admin Title: Enter an administrative title for the course. This title can be the same as the Learner title or it can be abbreviated. The LMS uses the Admin Title to automatically create the friendly URL for the course.
- Duration: Enter the duration of the course (minutes).
- Credits/CEUs: Enter the number of credits for the course.
- Feedback: Select the checkboxes to enable the learner to leave comments about the course, rate the course, or share course descriptions and course completions on social media.
Note: Sharing the course over social media does NOT change the viewing permissions of the course. Users must still log in to the LMS to view the course.
- Survey: Select the type of survey from the dropdown menu to associate a survey with the new course. You can create a variety of surveys to include with a course. Surveys help administrators glean valuable feedback from users.
- Certificate: Select Edit Certificate and then select a certificate template from the list if you’d like to enable a certificate after the course has been successfully completed by a user. Users can then view, download, and print their certificates.
- Tags: Add search terms to make your course more search-friendly. Separate tags with commas. Users can then select a tag on a course page to see other courses with the same tag. For example, a course called “Introduction to Golf” might have the tags: golf, sports, introductory.
- Friendly URL: The LMS automatically provides a friendly URL from the Admin Title that you enter.
- Featured On: Select a date to feature the course on a user’s Learning Paths page
- Lease Expiration Interval: Select the amount of time you want a purchase to be valid for.
- Require Payment: Select the checkbox if you want to enable e-commerce for the course.
- Lease Price: Enter a price if you are using the e-commerce feature.
- Active: Select the Active checkbox to ensure that your course appears on the user’s home page. Deselect this checkbox if you want to preview the course before you make it public. Inactive courses do not appear in the user’s learning path or transcript.
- Renewal Date: If a course is configured with a renewal date, the user's completion status will reset on the specified renewal date.
- Due Date: Select a date or date range when learners must take the course.
- Learning Path: The name of the learning path that the course is assigned to appears here. Refer to How do I create a learning path? for more information.
- Image: Select Edit Image to add or edit a course image. The course image appears on the user’s Home page. Images are highly recommended to keep the LMS as visually stimulating for users as possible. The recommended size for course images is 1170 px by 320 px.
Course details included in the lower half of the Course Details page
- Localization: Select available languages for the new course
Note: You will need to enter a localized Learner Title and Description for each language that you select.
- Learner Title: Enter a title for the course that the learner will see. The Learner Title will appear in the user's transcript and the course list.
- Description: Enter a description of the course that the learner will see
- Additional Instructor:
- Cost/Charge Back:
Please sign in to leave a comment.