Learning Path Development>Organizing Courses & Assigning Learning Paths
A learning path is a defined curriculum that contains assigned training courses that have been added to the LMS, such as online courses, classroom courses, and self-study courses. The learning path is then assigned to a group to ensure that all members of the group receive the same training curriculum.
For best practices, the name of the learning path should relate to its course content—it should reveal the main topic that the users will learn about. In addition, the courses within the learning path should be related—the combination of courses should build toward helping the user master a particular skill or competency.
To create a learning path
- Open the Administrative Dashboard
- From the Content tab, select Course Sets in the sidebar menu
- From the Course Set page, select Add New
- On the Add/Update Course Set page that appears, enter a learning path name and a description and then select Save
- On the Course Set page that reappears, the new learning path appears in the list. To assign courses to the learning path, select Assign Courses
- On the Assign Courses page that appears, select Add/Remove Courses
- On the Add/Remove Course Set Courses modal that appears, select the Choose Course dropdown arrow, scroll to the course you want to add, and then select the course
- The selected course appears in the Course Name list
- Repeat this process for each course you want to add to the learning path and then select Save
- The Assign Courses page reappears and displays the list of courses added to the new learning path. From this page you can change the order of the courses listed or add or remove courses, as desired.
Please sign in to leave a comment.