This article will answer the questions:
- How can super admin schedule a report to run automatically?
- What is a shared report?
The Super Admin can now schedule a report to run every day or every week. They only need to set up the report once. This saves time and eliminates the possibility of entering wrong information when running a report on the fly.
The Super Admin can schedule a report for Daily Logins and Popular Courses. To initially set up the scheduled report for Daily Logins:
- Log into the Admin portal of the LMS.
- In the header, click on ‘Reports’.
- On the left hand side, click on ‘Daily Logins’.
4. On the following page, click on the button titled ‘Share/Schedule Report’.
5. In the menu, select ‘Schedule’.
5a. You can enable additional fields by clicking on the 'gear' icon in the Table.
Columns: Will allow you to add additional fields to be displayed in the report.
Sort: Allows you to run a report and have it sorted by any of the headers in ascending or descending order
Group: Allows you to choose a field and have a subgroup beneath this field(For example, choosing first name will group the report by first name and if there are people with the same first name, they would appear in a sub group together)
Paging: Will allow you to run the report and choose the amount of rows you want displayed on one page.
6. In the window that opens, fill out the information as needed to schedule the report. Under frequency, you can run the report daily or weekly. If you choose daily, the report will generate all data for this set over the last 24 hours. If run weekly, you can choose which day of the week the report will be generated and the data included will be from the last 7 days.
7. Click Save.
Setting up the report for Popular Courses is, for the most part done the same way with the exception being that the Super Admin will have to click on the ‘Popular Courses’ link on the left hand side and then click on one of the bars in the graph to display the Share/Schedule Report button.
This will display a table beneath the graph showing additional data relevant to this specific bar. When clicking on the Share/Schedule Report button, the Admin will be able to schedule a report to be run at 12pm GMT which would be emailed to the Admin in Excel format.
After clicking Save, the Admin will be brought to the ‘Manage Scheduled Reports’ page. On this page, the Super Admin will be able to edit other scheduled reports. The Admin can also delete any of the reports no longer needed.
Please Note: The Super Admin can immediately share a report by using the Share option. Click on Share/Schedule Reports. Then click on Share. Fill in the information and click Send. This will send the requested report as an excel file.