Knowledge Anywhere is pleased to announce that an integration with LinkedIn Learning is available for our Professional and Enterprise customers. This integration allows your learners to access LinkedIn Learning content via your Knowledge Anywhere LMS.
What you will need to get started:
- Subscription with LinkedIn Learning Contact LinkedIn Learning to set up your LinkedIn Learning plan that is right for your organization. Knowledge Anywhere does not sell LinkedIn Learning plans and you will need to contact LinkedIn Learning directly.
- LinkedIn Learning Enabled on your LMS This integration is currently only available to our Professional and Enterprise customers. If you are a Professional and Enterprise customer, then please contact our Support Team to have LinkedIn Learning integration enabled for your LMS. If you are an Express customer, please contact your Project/Account Manager to find out what it would take to upgrade to Professional.
Setting up LinkedIn Learning Integration
Enabling Single Sign-On
In order for learners to launch courses on LinkedIn, the Knowledge Anywhere LMS will need to be set up as an SAML SSO Identity Provider and LinkedIn as a Service Provider. You can find more details in our support article How to Configure SAML 2.0 Identity Provider for LinkedIn Learning
Once you have your LinkedIn Learning subscription, get your API keys from LinkedIn Learning.
Step 1: To do this, go to Linkedin Learning and click on Me > Integrate from the home page.
Step 2: Click on Access content and reports via API and then click Add application.
Step 3: In the Add LinkedIn Learning API application modal, input the following and check Content under Choose keys
- Application Name: <your LMS Name>
(Example: Client LMS)
- Description: Knowledge Anywhere LMS Integration
And then click Next.
Step 4: Read the Terms and Condition and then click Agree and Save.
This will generate a Client ID and Client Secret keys to enable the integration. Take these keys and input them under LinkedIn Learning Settings under Site. Click Save and make Active. This will allow the Knowledge Anywhere to pull course information from LinkedIn Learning into your LMS.
Selecting and Assigning LinkedIn Learning Content
Once your LinkedIn Learning API keys have been added, you are now ready to add content!
- Log in to Administrative Dashboard
- From Content menu, click LinkedIn Learning Courses
- You see a list of LinkedIn courses that are in LinkedIn Learning's catalog.
Search for the course by keyword or by difficulty
- Once found, click Add As an LMS Course
- This opens the add course page. Notice that the a lot of information have been copied over, such as the title, description, duration, and course image (not shown on the screenshot below)
- Click Save to add this LinkedIn Learning course to the LMS
- From here, you can assign the course to a learning path or as directed learning
What does LinkedIn Learning integration look like for learners?
When learners are assigned LinkedIn Learning content, they will see the LinkedIn Learning logo on the course card as well as the course launch page.
Important to Note: At this time, completions in LinkedIn Learning are not being tracked. LMS Admins can monitor their learners' progress on LinkedIn and mark users complete in the LMS if desired.