Jump to section:
1. Open the Administrative Dashboard
2. From the Learners side tab, select Add Learner
3. Then, add all the appropriate information pertaining to the Learner
The First Name, Last Name, Password and Email are the required fields to fill out in order to create a Learner Profile. In the example shown above, a Registration code is also required, but this may not be the case for other organizations. Admins can also set up a temporary password for the new user and send a Password Reset email so that the user can choose a password of their choice by selecting Force Password Change.
After clicking SAVE, you will be directed to the Learner's Profile, where you can further adjust the Learner's details, such as promoting them to an admin role, viewing their assigned groups, and more.
- Open the Administrative Dashboard and select the Learners tab.
- Search or filter to find the learner.
- Select their first name, last name, or email to open the learner's profile.
- In the Account and/or Profile tabs, Edit the user's data as desired and click Save. In this example, the learner's Hire Date, City, and Postal Code were added via the Profile tab. Select the Pencil icon to change out the Learner's profile picture.
- In this example, on Account tab, this learner is being set to be a Limited Administrator and a Content Editor.
- After clicking Save, the learner's profile will be updated. The banner on the top now lists the roles.
- On the Account tab, there is a "Change Password" section. If the "Force Password Change" box is checked, when you change a learner's password, upon logging in, that learner will be forced to change their password to one of their choosing.
- On the Account tab, there are five toggles that can be switched on or off that enable different options for the learner.
- Active User. If the toggled ON, that specific account is currently live, and the learner can log in
- Opt Out of Satisfaction Survey. This toggle disables any site announcements regarding satisfaction. This option also appears in the Learner's settings for their profile.
- Email Opt-Out. This toggle disables any email communications to the learner, including password email resets.
- Instructor. Instructor is a special role for classroom courses. They can lead a class and have certain group admin capabilities. More on Admin roles here.
- PII Enabled. PII stands for Personal Identifiable Information. If this setting is enabled, this learner (if granted administrator access) can see other learners' first name, last name, email, and phone number. If disabled, those values are masked and unavailable for use when filtering for learners.
Be aware, only Global Admins and Limited admins have full access to directly edit Learner Profiles. Group and Basic Admins are not able to edit Learner Profiles.
Note: Final look of UI may be slightly different