Learning Path Development>Organizing Courses & Assigning Learning Paths
Do you need your learners to take the courses assigned to them in a certain order? Check out our Prerequisite feature in the LMS.
To access this feature, find the learning path to which the course is assigned, and then select Assign Prerequisites next to the course that you want to have prerequisites. Then assign the prerequisite courses.
To view and assign prerequisites for any course within a learning path
- From Administrative Dashboard, click Content on the main menu
- Under Organize Content top menu section, click Learning Paths
- Search for a learning path, then click on its name
- In the Learning Path Details page, click on Courses tab
- In the Courses grid (shown below), notice that there is a Priority column, which is the ordering that the courses appears in on the learner site.
- The best practice is to prioritize the courses in the ordering that the learner will take the courses.
You can re-prioritize the courses by dragging the up-down icon to the desired row
- At this point, if you wish to assign pre-requisites to any of the courses, first see how many pre-requisites are associated with that course
- To add a prerequisite, click on the number hyperlink in the Prerequisites column. This opens a panel showing the possible courses you can pick as the prerequisite.
- Choose a course, then click Apply:
- That chosen course is now a prerequisite for the course you started with
- Repeat the steps for each course that requires a prerequisite
- Click Save