Global Administrators can add custom profile fields for each learner. These custom profile fields are an easy way to extend the use of the LMS. They give additional information about each learner in a way that is specific to your business' needs. They also add richness when running advanced reporting.
Adding/viewing Custom Profile Fields
- From the administrative portal, login as an administrator with Global role
- Click on Settings > Site Personalization > Custom Profile Fields
- A listing of existing custom profile fields show in a grid.
There are a totally of 20 custom fields split across 2 types: 10 text fields, and 10 dropdown fields.
By default, none of the fields are active.
- To edit (including activating and inactivating), click on the custom profile field name
- To reorder them, drag on the up/down arrow icon next to the custom profile field name
- When editing, you can:
- give the field a Label
- decide if it shows on learner profiles when creating/editing a learner by turning on/off the Active flag
- decide if it is used in reports as a filter (for dropdowns) and results field (for both text and dropdown types) by turning on/off the Use as Report Filter flag
- if it's a dropdown field, specify the values by adding the values then clicking ADD next to it. Once added, it cannot be removed
- finally, click SAVE to save all changes
- All active fields will be available to use when creating/editing a learner
- All custom dropdown fields with flag Use as Report Filter turned on will appear as report filter and be selectable as a report results field for the reports that support it. All custom text fields with that same flag turned on will be selectable as a report results field for the reports that support it