Overview & Objective
In this guide, we will cover how to send Admin LMS Notification(s) directly to your Slack channel(s) using built in automation. Let's get started!
Setting Up Slack
In this section, we will cover how to set up a new Slack channel. If you are sending LMS Notifications to existing Slack channels, skip to steps 4 & 5 below.
- Start by signing into your Slack workspace via the Slack app or Slack web browser app
- To create a new Slack channel, navigate to the bottom of the Channels list, click +Add channels, and click Create a new channel
- On the pop out settings window, enter a channel Name (must be unique), click Next, select Public or Private, click Create, and add people to the channel or click Skip for now
- Once the new Slack channel is created, right click the channel, click View channel details, click the Integrations tab, select Send emails to this channel, click Get Email Address, and click Copy
(we will need this email address later)
- There are a few ways to send email to Slack, depending on your plan and how you'd like to use emails once they've been sent to your workspace. This guide explains the feature in more detail.
At this point, your Slack channels should be configured and LMS notifications will look similar to this:
Setting LMS Notifications
In this section, we will cover how to set up your LMS Notifications. If you are not an LMS Global admin, please work with your LMS Global admin to complete this section.
- Start by signing into your Learning Management System admin view as an LMS Global admin
- To configure notifications, select the Communications page (mail icon), and select Notifications from the Learner Notifications dropdown menu
- On the Notifications page, click Edit on the Notification(s) of your choosing, click into the BCC Email List, paste your Slack channel Email Address (see steps 4 & 5 above), and click Save
At this point, your LMS Notifications should be configured correctly and look similar to this example:
In this guide, we covered setting up LMS Notifications to single Slack channel. These steps could also be duplicated to setup additional LMS Notifications of your choosing to multiple Slack channels.
MS Power Automate, email rules forwarding, and email webhooks are also possible configurations that include one or more additional steps and setup can be covered in more detail upon request.
The Knowledge Anywhere Customer Success Team is always willing to help so please don't hesitate to reach out at email@example.com if you need a hand or have any questions.