Overview & Objective
In this guide, we will cover how to send Admin LMS Notification(s) directly to MS Teams channel(s) using automation. Let's get started!
Setting Up Microsoft Teams
In this section, we will cover how to set up a team and channel from scratch. If you are sending LMS Notifications to existing team channels, skip to step 5 below.
- Start by signing into your MS Teams via the MS Teams app or MS Teams web browser app
- To create a new team, navigate to the Teams tab/view, navigate to the bottom of the page and select Join or create a team, on the next page select Create a team
- On the pop out settings window, select From Scratch or From a group or team, select Private or Public, give your team a Name (must be unique), and click Create
- To create a new channel within your new team, click the team "..." icon, select Add channel, give your channel a Name (must be unique), choose Privacy settings, and click Add
- Once the new channel is created, click the channel "..." icon, select Get email address, and copy the channel Email Address (we will need this later)
At this point, your teams and channels should be configured correctly and look similar to this example:
Setting LMS Notifications
In this section, we will cover how to set up your LMS Notifications. If you are not an LMS Global admin, please work with your LMS Global admin to complete this section.
- Start by signing into your Learning Management System admin view as an LMS Global admin
- To configure notifications, select the Communications page (mail icon), and select Notifications from the Learner Notifications dropdown menu
- On the Notifications page, click Edit on the Notification(s) of your choosing, click into the BCC Email List, paste your MS Teams channel Email Address (see step 5 above), and click Save
At this point, your LMS Notifications should be configured correctly and look similar to this example:
In this guide, we covered setting up LMS Notifications to single MS Teams channel. These steps could also be duplicated to setup additional LMS Notifications of your choosing to multiple MS Teams channels.
MS Power Automate, MS Outlook email forwarding, and email webhooks are also possible configurations that include one or more additional steps and setup can be covered in more detail upon request.
The Knowledge Anywhere Customer Success Team is always willing to help so please don't hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a hand or have any questions.